Each student’s curriculum is based on the goals and objectives stated in the Individual Education Program (IEP). The IEP focuses on five main objective areas:
- Functional Academic: Reading Skills – to develop and improve Reading skills to foster independence in the home, workplace or community
- Functional Academics: Mathemetic Skills – to develop and improve Mathematic skills to foster independence in the home, workplace or community
- Pre-Vocational or Vocational Skills – to develop, maintain and improve the skills needed that when mastered, will lead to successful employment, volunteer position in various settings
- Social Skills – to further develop social skills to function as an appropriate member of society
- Life Skills – to develop, maintain and improve skills to function more independently in life
The methods for achieving each goal are included in the individually-designed instruction area of the IEP.